It seems like the vast majority of Christians are under attack right now, myself included. Perhaps because of this, I am discovering new depths to the truth that God is my shield, my strength, my fortress, my Deliverer, my shelter and refuge, and my strong tower. For He is all those things, to those who choose to take refuge in Him.
Today, I would simply like my blog to be a place of praise and thanksgiving as I add to the endless gifts that are overtaking me.
421. Psalm 91 and the refuge He offers me. How is it that I have never thought to thank Him for the most marvelous gift that this Psalm is?
4 He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
422. Psalm 46 and the fact that He doesn’t offer help, he is my help. This is the Psalm that one of my favorite worship songs was taken from.
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
423. The truth of Psalm 30:5, for it allows me to rejoice even in the night.
Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning.
424. That Jesus came to bring more than eternal life. He came that we might have life more abundantly.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
435. Much needed rain over the weekend, both for the garden and in my heart.
426. The gift my husband gave me for my birthday, out of his time and patience and love. He is a gift of God to me.
427. The new school year and gifts that sometimes must be searched for
428. Promise that can be seen only with the eyes of the heart, for this is the most exciting of all promises
429. My future
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Want to join me and the many others in the gift discovery?
2 thoughts on “My refuge and strong tower…”
The song Made Me Glad by Hillsong is one that has touched me so deeply – I can never listen to it without tears welling up in my eyes.
I do thank you for filling this post with nuggets of joy from GOd's word.
Happy Birthday… with love.
Dear Katie, thank you your kind words. What a lovely blog you have here, it's one that I will visit again to read the hopeful, faith-filled posts you have written.
I also enjoy the scripture you included and have to say that I agree with you about Christians being under attack.
Praying that God blesses you with everything you need and with strength to meet the challenges.